23rd Harrisonburg International Festival
Saturday, September 26th, 2020. 12:00-6:00pm, Downtown Harrisonburg, VA
To start your application process as an art vendor at the 2020 Festival, please submit the interest form shown below.
After this form is completed, the Festival’s World Bazaar Vendor Coordinator will follow up with you with more information about your acceptance, registration process, and day of the event logistics. Please note: due to the number of applications, filling out the application does not secure acceptance. We reserve the right to choose international-themed vendors that offer variety for festival-goers. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read these provisions and guidelines carefully as many things have changed from previous years. Submitting your application means that you have read this entire document and that you agree to the provisions and guidelines.
World Bazaar Vendor Guidelines
- Please fill out the interest form.
- DO NOT send any payments at this time.
- Deadline to Apply: July 3, 2020
- Acceptance notified by: July 17, 2020
- Payment for accepted vendors: August 7, 2020
Cost – $80 per space. Payment is only due once you have been accepted. We prefer payment by check or money order. If paying by credit card, there will be an additional processing fee. A $50 charge will be assessed for returned checks. A cleaning/trash deposit check may be required.
Method – We accept payment by credit/debit card, check, money order, or cash. Cards are processed through FairField Center’s Services Payment page (select CIVIC ENGAGEMENT as the Service Branch). Checks can be made out to FairField Center and be sent to or dropped off at 111 E Market St B, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Cash may be delivered there as well.
Deadline – Application deadline July 3. Notification date of your acceptance July 17. Payment due date August 7. If we do not receive your payment and necessary documentation by the deadline, your space will be assigned to another vendor.
World Bazaar Vendor Application
[contact-form-7 id=”434″ title=”Contact form 1″]
- Setup for the World Bazaar Vendors starts at 8:00am: All vendors should be completely set up and ready by 11:00AM for Festival Supervisors to approve your location and materials.
- There will be designated spaces at the Festival for vendors to set up. After you have been accepted you will be given a location. Locations are not negotiable and must be strictly adhered to during the Festival. Any attempt to more or use another vendor’s space could result in dismissal from the Festival with no refund or deposit.
- After set up, your car must be moved and parked in the designated parking areas (will be given that information upon acceptance). If a car is parked in the Festival where is does not belong, it will be subject to towing.
- Please note: Vendors will not be allowed to leave the festival grounds until the event is over and the road is cleared of major pedestrian traffic. (Beginning approximately at 6:30pm) Coordinator will give you green light to exit the park.
- As a reminder, the festival does not provide tents, tables, or chairs, so please plan accordingly to suit your needs, especially in the event of wind or rain. Tents are not required, but if you bring your own tent please note that the fire department requires that all tents be set up at least 12 feet apart (including the tie downs). Your space will be 10×10′ (or 10×20′ according to the registration payment – double the fee) with open area accessible than on all sides. Remember there is not electricity available at the Festival for vendors, so plan accordingly. No generators allowed, though 12V batteries may be used.
*Note: We encourage you to use cultural decorations and background information to educate our attendees about the cultural roots and influences in your work. We also encourage use of traditional dress to enhance the intercultural atmosphere of the World Bazaar and to draw people to your booth.
- In the spirit of the Festival’s mission to be a family-friendly intercultural event that embraces and celebrates our community’s diverse cultural traditions and seeks to build bridges of connection, respect, and mutual understanding, no politically or religiously partisan, adversarial, disruptive, or objectionable content or messages will be permitted as part of the festival.
- No real or toy weapons, drugs or drug paraphernalia, or items that may be deemed harmful, dangerous, or contributing towards violence may be sold, carried, or promoted at the festival.
- We ask that all merchandise and art being displayed and music offered be of a nature that is acceptable for young children to view or hear.
- The Festival reserves the right the make judgements as to what is appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these guidelines and regulations and to ask you to remove such items that are deemed “not in compliance” or to ask you to leave or be escorted off the premises without compensation if these judgements and requests are not respected. We ask that any questionable items be cleared with us proactively in advance and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we seek to uphold these values that are important to us as a Festival.
- The vendor assumes full responsibility for his/her participation in the Festival. HIF Committee, Harrisonburg Parks & Rec, Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance, or other Festival affiliates assume no responsibility of liability for a vendor’s participation in the Festival, and will be held harmless.
- Vendors are responsible for their own merchandise against damage or theft.
- The International festival is a rain or shine event, so there are no refunds and we are not responsible for damages, injury, or loss. Please plan accordingly for insurance coverage and equipment to protect your work as you deem necessary.
- Vendors are also responsible for any type of accident to themselves, to other vendors (and other vendor’s inventory), or to any person or personal property as a result of their booths, their merchandise, or their personal actions.
- Submission of application indicates agreements to hold all aforementioned entities “harmless’ in case of accident of incident.
- In good weather 10,000+ people are expected. Please plan accordingly with the understanding that bad weather could lessen the number of attendees.
- Food vendors will have a copy of the program and list of the other art vendors coming to the Festival.